Sunday, October 9, 2011

Burlap Favor Bags

To continue the nature theme of the wedding; I decided to go with Burlap Favor Bag filled with flower bulbs.  This way the guests could return home and plant a little piece of the wedding.  This of course only worked for our domestic guests; but I figured the international guests would forgive us, they wouldn't be able to take their bulbs with them. :(

I followed this wonderful tutorial from Christina on Intimate Weddings:  http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/diy-favor-bags-peony-pockets-part-one/
 
My mom made this last minute sign to hang above the bulbs!
 
 
My mother also worked some DIY screenprinting magic, and the look came out with a perfect vintage and rustic feel.  "Love Blooms" What a perfect saying for the favor bags,  :).   Then, I used some left over paper from the invitations to print tags on my ink jet printer.  The top vellum piece thanked our guests for coming, and the lower green card stock had planting instructions for the bulbs. 


It ended up being a pretty big project in the end; cutting, sewing, printing and running string closures for all these bags was quite time consuming.  We were glad we started about 5 months before the wedding!

Official Wedding Photography by Mandy Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment