Monday, January 30, 2012

Job Hunt, Take 1

For the last 2 months, I've spent my time moving in (almost done unpacking, almost)  and spending time with my husband's 12 year old son.  Today my first weekday of freedom. And today I decided to get a job.  Ok, Ok, I decided I needed a job along time ago.  But, with my newly found empty nest; I'm actually going to do it.

Everyone I meet says I'll be able to find a job easy, even though I don't speak Norwegian. This is because of my previous oil field experience.  However, I'm slightly skeptical.  I met a girl with offshore experience who couldn't find a job here for a year, and ended up taking a rotational position into Nigeria.  I will say her experience was specialized, but still.  

Since I know nothing about the job market, and really don't know how much I'm worth or what my experience is really valued at here;  I walked into a Head Hunter / Oil Field Recruiters office today.  It went well, he seemed happy enough with my experience, and told me he would start sending things my way.  We'll see.  Wish me luck.

p.s. As a reward for my aggressive nature towards employment today, I have allowed myself to drink one of my coveted Dr Peppers.  Oh the joy.   Yummy yummy in my tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment