Thursday, January 26, 2012

Almost Legal.

The joy, oh the joy.  Yesterday a letter came in the mail, my immigration letter. It said, I was to go to the police station with my passport.  So off I went to this place called UDI this lovely windy cold morning.  Of course, I was told that they would have to book me an appointment, and that I would have to come back on February 6th!!! The first available appointment.

About to walk off in disappointment the lady said "oh, now you go to the tax line."  "The tax line?", I say.  A little smirk started to come out in glee.  She said "for your number."  "Oh, yes of course, thanks", I'm sure my joy was overcoming me by this point.

After waiting in the tax line, a very lovely pretty darn cute young man told me that "no, no number today,  but you will get one in the mail. Along with information on getting a doctor."  He told me in less than 1 week, I should have my number.  However, I highly doubt however that I will get anything in the mail for at least 2-3 weeks.  Immigration is notoriously slow about everything.  And, he says, that I can start working immediately if I wish.  Work!  Finally!  Now I just have to find a job!!!

The joy a letter and almost a number can bring.  Now I can think about work.

No comments:

Post a Comment