Sunday, December 25, 2011

1st Christmas in Norway

Having just moved into our new home this week, we were very happy to be out of the hotel and to be having home cooked meals after months in the hotel.   However, the house is still not put to together fully and we don't know how everything works.

For instance, I learnt two days ago that the stovetop is "Induction."  Which meant nothing to me at the time.  But now means that I can't use any of our nice pots and pans,  or well anything,  not even my stock pot.  We have one thing that works on the stovetop, my cheap $6 hand me down wok.

Despite this setback, I believe my boys and I had a lovely Christmas dinner, Stuffing, Yams, Cranberry Sauce, Turkey and Gravy.   Made 100% with a Wok and an oven.  Welcome to a new country.
 
But, always one to love a reason to be creative.  I organized the present wrapping and Christmas tree before we moved out of the hotel.  Enjoy my 1st Christmas tree away from home.  Not much like a "real" Norwegian spruce,  but modern matchy matchy like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment