Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Small Victories

Today something wonderful happened!  I ran into someone I know, in town. 

Well, ok...  This may not sound that wonderful or delightful.  But, I have been here for 2 months now and my friend group is very small; well basically non-existent.  It consists mainly of my husbands coworkers.  I have been going to a once weekly morning coffee social event.  It's an expat get-together /  meet & greet, type event.  It's been really nice, it's a group of people who are all trying to adapt to a new culture also.  So we share stories, complaints, small victories and enjoy a cup or 3 of coffee.

And then it happened,  while strolling around the post-Christmas sales, looking for my ever illusive Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer "On Sale";  I ran into a lady I met two weeks ago at coffee, oh the JOY I felt.  It's starting to feel like home.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment