Wednesday, February 15, 2012

KitchenAid, Heck Yah

New Years Resolution #2: Buy the ever illusive Kitchen Aid stand mixer.  Use it to make lots of things from scratch, including: a cake, cinnamon rolls and ground beef.  Find it a wonderful prominent place on my counter, for me to stare at with glee whenever I walk past the kitchen. 


This has been along time coming. I first decided I wanted one ages ago; well maybe not that long time.  I wanted one for a wedding present, so 9 months ago.  I wanted one since I borrowed my grandma's to make the best layered cake I've ever made.  With mom's help, of course.  I know some people swoon over this mixer for years and never get their hands on one.  For me, 9 months seemed like an eternity.

The stand mixer is half the price in the USA, but my hubby said "Nope, we get one overseas so it's 220-240V. We aren't having a voltage convertor in the kitchen."  Then we are in Norway,  and they cost so so so much.  How much, 6000NOK retail, which is about $1,000.00 USD; for something that costs $275 - $350 in the USA. 

So for Christmas I am to get my Stand Mixer, actually after Christmas in post-Christmas sales.  Then nowhere really put them on sale.  So no Stand Mixer.

Then, my parents are coming, my parents are coming. Out of the blue, next week already!  So I bought my hubby a meat grinder for the stand mixer, in the USA.  He said he wanted one,  for our new stand mixer, that we hadn't purchased yet...  So I might as well have my parents bring it over, as it's less than half price in the USA. Well, obviously under pressure, due to my initiative to start purchasing accessories for a device we don't own.  He bought one online.  It was a bit over 4000NOK; so 33% off of Norwegian retail with shipping.  Only double that which we would have paid in the USA. 

Today I was blessed with tracking numbers.  How excited am I?  This is how I explained it to my sister on facebook chat:

yah, got tracking numbers
i'm the s**t
i'm aweseome
i have something every housewife wants
a sexy man and a machine that can make cakes!
i am the s**t
yes i am
sh*t sh*t sh*t
that is me
Ok, It's been a long time coming. Forgive my enthusiasm.  I can not wait to fulfill my resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment