Thursday, February 2, 2012

Repurposing Vintage Hankies

I am SO SO SO very upset that I left all my extra Vintage Hankies in the USA and didn't bring at least the amazingly special ones with me to Norway.  Note to self: bring hankies back with you.  One, I am trying to incorporate wedding decor and pictures into a cohesive look throughout my home.  Two, Vintage Hankies are cool. Three, It's Cold, my nose is constantly running thus hankies are starting to actually seem like a useful device.

If you don't know how cool are, just read my post about Hankies in my Wedding.

So, there I was cruising the internet, as I normally do, procrastinating laundry and dishes, once again.  Looking for economical crafty ideas, things I can paint and spray and hang, and paint again.  Then, wait, all of a sudden, Apartment Therapy threw me a curve ball.  There is was, my dream, my dream wall. It had, Hankies, Hankies, Hankies everywhere.  Pretty colors, and organized and Oh my, it was the wet dream of my dreams.  Yes, I am a total Hankie Dork.



I would have already made a trip to IKEA for cheap frames and had this hung all over my living room, if only my leftover hankies were in the same hemisphere. What an amazing way, to incorporate your family history or wedding decor into your everyday life and style. 

I might have been a bit overly gushy in this post.  But, I really get excited about hankies.

(Image: House & Home via Say Yes to Hoboken via Apartment Therapy)

No comments:

Post a Comment